Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 2000 08:26:17 -0500
From:      nathan <beemern@telecom.ksu.edu>
To:        Chris Prance <cprance@mindspring.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrading from 3.4 Stable to 4.0 Stable.

i have upgraded more than one 3.4 box to 4.0 in the past.
i've always had success using the instructions found in the following email

goto
http://www.freebsd.org/search/search.html#mailinglists
and search for
38AB11BB.86E22642

that ID's email contains the exact instructions i've used, and have always
served me well and should you too (:
(assuming you really don't have bad hardware)
good luck!
nathan