Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 2002 00:03:14 -0600
From:      "Chad Albert" <chadalbert@mchsi.com>
To:        "tony" <tony@tntpro.com>, <nl3481@wi.rr.com>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: IPFW rules, Internet

Your ipfw is not using ANY rules except the default which is "deny all"
unless you changed this in your kernel.  By using Tony's lines in the
rc.conf you tell it to use a set of rules in the default /etc/rc.firewall
when you define a type.  You can also roll your own.  Try doing a man on
rc.conf and searching for firewall.  Also a man on ipfw and natd will be a
good resource.