Date:      Tue, 24 Apr 2001 13:39:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
To:        _R_j_M_ <ryno@unixthugs.com>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: journeling fs

There are at least two journalled file system implementations for FreeBSD,
unfortunately neither is publically available at this point, and both are
research prototypes for somewhat older versions of FreeBSD.  Take a look
at the paper by McKusick, et al, at the June 2000 USENIX Technical
Conference comparing soft updates and various forms of journalling, for
which all experimentation was done on FreeBSD.  My understanding is that
work is underway to make this code available to the broader community in
the near future (the WAFS file system posted about recently was a
component of that work, as I understand it).