Date:      Tue, 23 Mar 1999 11:19:28 -0800
From:      s <shellis@fda.net>
To:        FreeBSD-Stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   boot.flp and boot floppies

Dear Folks,

Because I have several hard drives with several versions of FreeBSD for
experimental purposes I use boot floppies for better control.  I am
having a problem with revision 3.1 because I cannot create a boot floppy
on an ordinary 1.4 MB set of floppies.  The floppy image is about 2.9
MB, and of course will not fit on a single floppy.  When I use fdimage,
I immediately get a diagnostic reminding me of this.

Is there a version of fdimage or other utility that is built to split up
the boot disk into 2 usable floppies?

I contacted the technical support line, and they said that this was a
new question to which they did not have an answer.  They suggested that
I mail you.

I am writing an article on using FreeBSD for our scientific software Web
page to entice people to try FreeBSD, along with some other promotional
efforts I am trying for FreeBSD.

Thanks for your kind attention and a wonderful operating system.

Best regards,
Steve Ellis