Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2001 03:38:21 -0700
From:      "Shawn Ramsey" <shawn@megadeth.org>
To:        "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>, "Kris Kennaway" <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: telnetd problem?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To: "Kris Kennaway" <kris@obsecurity.org>; "Shawn Ramsey"
<shawn@megadeth.org>
Cc: <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2001 2:24 AM

> That's a bandaid.  He stated that the problem wasn't happening until
> he updated to the new code, so obviously a patch they put into the
> telnetd broke something.
>
> In any case this posting is completely inappropriate on this list - he
> should be subscribed to -stable if he's running stable and he should be
> submitting these kinds of things there.
>
> Please don't clutter the general -questions list with problems with
> beta versions of FreeBSD!!

Your right. I should have posted this to stable, although im not sure I
would call the stable branch "Beta". :) Especially since we had to run
stable, since there is no patch (is there) for FreeBSD 4.1.1 which we were
running. I guess the 4.2 patch may have worked, but I figured it should be
updated to the latest sources anyway and didn't even bother trying the
patch.