Date:      Fri, 9 Feb 2001 09:47:42 +0100
From:      Ruben_Vanhoutte@ibt.be
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 4.2 kernel compilation

Hi

I am truing to recompile my kernel to have ipfw support..

The config works, but then, when I switch to my compile dir (e.g.
/usr/src/sys/compile/nikita, and do a "make depend", I get the following
error:
======
===> streams
===> svr4
===> vesa
===> wi
===> accf_data
@ -> /usr/src/sys
ln: permission denied
*** Error code 126

Stop in /usr/src/sys/modules/accf_data.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/sys/modules.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/sys/compile/nikita.
=======

How can I get passed this and continue compiling? or can I skip the make
depend in some way? The directory /usr/sys/sys and all subdirectories have
been made "a+rwx" for testing purpose, but this had no result.

Tnx in advance

Ruben Vanhoutte