Date:      Mon, 20 Oct 1997 08:29:50 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        rknebel@csrlink.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernal rebuild

In a previous message, rknebel@csrlink.net said:
> Hi,
> I am trying my hand at rebuilding the kernel.
> I am running freebsd 2.2.2.
> I have a cyrix 6x86 P150 processor.
> What cpu should I pick from the lisr. In linux I choose pentium but the only
> thing that works in freebsd is 486.

It's a 486. Linux is lying if it tells you it's a pentium (so is Cyrix).
It doesn't have all the pentium internals. It's just a really fast 486.
I have one and like it a lot.

> Is this the correct one or am I doing something wrong?
> Also I have sound working for cd and midi but cannot play au with
> /dev/audio.
> I keep getting this error that no space is left on the device. I have a ESS
> soundcard which is sounblaster compatible.
> I will try to include a copy of my kernel.
> Thanks Alot for any help

[Attachment, skipping...]

--
How do you know when a blonde has been using the computer?
--by the whiteout on the computer screen.