Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 2000 16:29:06 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <charon@urania.westgate.gr>
To:        drewt@writeme.com, kstewart@urx.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: KDE 2

Drew Tomlinson <drewt@writeme.com> wrote:

> Thank you for your prompt reply.  As you can probably tell, I'm brand
> new to both Unix and FreeBSD.

That's not bad.  Not bad at all.  So don't make it sound like that.

Welcome aboard :)

> When you say "ports deinstall target" are you referring to the
> pkg_delete command?

No, I'm referring to the sequence of commands:

    # cd /usr/ports/some/port
    # make deinstall

This is essentially the same as pkg_delete most of the time though.

> pkg_info -aI lists the following regarding XF86 4:
>
> XFree86-libraries-4.0.1 X11R6.4/XFree86-4.0 include/(shared) library kit
>
> So I didn't compile this myself but I didn't install it via the ports
> collection. However, it is listed.  Do you think this means that the
> pkg_delete command will work?

Yes, what you can see with pkg_info you can delete with pkg_delete.
That's the idea.

- giorgos