Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 2000 00:45:46 +0000
From:      Harry Woodward-Clarke <Harry.Woodward-Clarke@S1.com>
To:        Chip <chip@wiegand.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: lp daemon not running

Hiya Chip,

> The printer is an Epson Stylus Color 400.
> I printed a test file from the regular Text Editor
> and that printed fine. I then printed this email from
> KMail and the header was:
> %!PS-Adobe-1.0 EPSF-3.0
> It should be 1 page but printed two pages of stuff.

oh! this is (relatively) easy. Have you read through Chapter 7 of the
Handbook? Specifically, section "7.6.1.3. Simulating PostScript on
Non-PostScript Printers" ?

This will guide you through what you need to do to make your Epson speak
PostScript(tm). Well, actually, it tells you how to set up GhostScript
to do the translation for you.

The Handbook is in /usr/share/doc/handbook/ or is available on-line
<www.freebsd.org/handbook/>

hth,