Date:      Wed, 11 Dec 1996 22:15:12 -0800 (PST)
From:      batie@agora.rdrop.com (Alan Batie)
To:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh)
Cc:        pete@sms.fi, taob@io.org, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Risk of having bpf0? (was URGENT: Packet sniffer found on my system)

> : functionality, like dhcpd, you need to have them.
>
> FWIW, rarpd also needs to have bpf enabled as well

neither of these need to run on the system with shell accounts, and one
could argue they're better off being on an isolated, secured, system.

--
Alan Batie                   ______
batie@agora.rdrop.com        \    /      Assimilate this!

It is my policy to avoid purchase of any products from companies which
use unrequested email advertisements or telephone solicitation.