Date:      Sun, 10 Oct 1999 22:45:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Justin Wang <justinwang@netcreate.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: x windows and mouse

On Sun, 10 Oct 1999, Justin Wang wrote:

> Does anyone know if I can somehow run X windows without a mouse.  We do
> not have a mouse on our servers and everytime that I try to boot into X,
> it shuts down because it cannot find a mouse.

Why do you want to do that?  X isn't really useful without one.

If you really want to make it work, I think all you need to do is get
moused running without a mouse (I got it to run without complaint with
"moused -P -p /dev/null -t busmouse") and then configure X to use
/dev/sysmouse.  I'd suggest you just buy a cheap mouse, I'm pretty sure
you should be able to find something that works for under $10.

-- Brooks