Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 1999 16:36:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        shimon@Simon-Shapiro.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DS20 Support

Simon Shapiro writes:

 > As of kernel 4.0-19990326, this system (type 34) is not supported.
 > Any known reason, or just a new system type number.

A new system number.  Its closely related to the XP1000 (Monet)
workstation.

In fact, we just received some monets today & I've just started in on
getting FreeBSD/alpha running on these.  I'm going to have to hack
around some limitations in the bus code (no support yet for multiple
hoses), and I'm rather swamped with other things, so it may take
longer than I'd like to get this done.  At any rate, once the xp1000
works, I might appreciate it if you could test-boot some kernels for
me on your DS20.

Cheers,

Drew