Date:      Sat, 25 Mar 2006 07:41:03 -0600
From:      "Jonathan Horne" <freebsd@dfwlp.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: what is going on??

[quote]
...that there are still quite a few 'broken' DNS servers out there.
'Broken' with respect to servicing IPv6 requests.
[/quote]

Actually, when you mention it that way, that makes pretty good sense as to
what my situation then was.  The server I was specifying was a *very* old
metaip 4.1 DNS server, and its quite possible it was answering the ipv6
queries with a simple "uhhhhhhhhhhhh".

However, im fairly certain that the hangup was not with SSH (SSH just
happened to be the lat daemon successfully started, thus the last thing
printed to the screen), but sendmail. The maillog had a few lines saying
unable to get ipv6 name, or something like that.

Cheers,
jonathan