Date:      Fri, 08 Dec 2000 18:35:54 -0600
From:      Jorge Biquez <jbiquez@icsmx.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Error Mounting. Problem Solved

Hello all.

Just wanted to share my experience and solution for my problem.

After trying several combinations on activating or deactivating LBA,
changing to off the 32 bits option on  the SETUP of the machine,doing
changes on the values of the volumes, changing the CD (52x) for another,
separating the CD and IDE disk so both were master devices nothing worked
at all.

The disk was a SEAGATE Model ST310212A of 10.2 GB
The errors I received always were:

	"Error Mounting /mnt/dev/wd01s1f on /mnt/usr: Operation Not Permitted"
or

	"Error Mounting /mnt/dev/wd01s1f on /mnt/usr: Invalid argument"

Fortunately I had another disks. With one of 8.3 GB SAMSUNG everything
installed fine (emergency disk for any machine). Other disk I had was a
FUJITSU model MPF3403AT of 10 GB and I installed it without problems ( I
wanted to have the more space possible ).

Anyway, FreeBSD version 3.2 installed perfectly on a disk of 10 GB but not
in that SEAGATE specific model.

Thanks to all who offered help.
Special thanks to Eric De La Cruz Lugo and Raymond Hicks for their advice.

JB