Date:      Sun, 7 Mar 1999 22:51:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        dahlmand@gte.net (Donald P. Dahlman)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: adding a mail server

Donald P. Dahlman wrote,
> I am setting up a seperate  mail server.  I have a  box running domain
> and sendmail.
> I want to use my second machine for email only. No domain sevice.
> here are the two machines:
>
> box1.mydomain.com
> box2.mydomain.com
> what items do I need to configure to send and recieve mail on box2 using
>
> the same domain name as box1? can I even do this without using aliases?
> Is all I have to do is edit the MX records on box1?

You have provided very little detail, but unless you are neglecting to
mention anything important, all you need to do is put a MX record on
the DNS machine(s) and set up the new box to understand it accepts
mail for the domain (use a cw-file or something equivalent).

Directing mail to the server with the MX record is the easy
part. Making sure the server does the right things with the mail it
gets is the tricky part.  I'm not sure what you mean by 'aliases.'