Date:      Fri, 16 Jul 1999 14:56:58 -0500
From:      Philip Kizer <pckizer@nostrum.com>
To:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and Linux on college radio show.

[ CC list trimmed]

Joseph Scott <joseph@randomnetworks.com> wrote:
>	As I'm sure many people will point out, the linux guy sure did
>come down on FreeBSD pretty hard at times.

Urgh...at times I was wanting to know if he had even tried using any of the
*BSDs to back up his arguments.

>	To the interviewer's credit I think he did an excellent job of not
>falling into an OS bashing mode.  [ ... ]  However I don't think he did,
>as far as the interviewer is concerned I think it was a very fair
>interview.

I'll be sure to pass that on to Charles (the interviewer/my "team leader" :).
Charles would have a hard time bashing any OS if his arguments weren't
technically correct (he'd hear it from us); and, he knows how well FreeBSD
is performing certain "mission critical" services for TAMU.

>	If anything it made the guy from VA Linux look bad because out of
>the three people ( Linux, FreeBSD, and the interviewer ), the linux guy
>was the only one who spent large amounts of timing bashing.  ( Of course
>NT bashing is open to all :-)

Ya, well, that may be our view on it, but I know too many fans of certain
OSs who's myopic view towards anything not ***** likely left them nodding
along with various misinformation.

-philip

--
AKA: Philip Kizer <pckizer@tamu.edu>
Texas A&M CIS Operating Systems Group, Unix