Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 17:11:15 +0100
From:      Danny Pansters <danny@ricin.com>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?q?Jes=FAs=20Arn=E1iz?= <arnaiz@encomix.es>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipf

> Is there any application similar to ipf in linux? (one that uses the same
> sintaxis not as ip-chains)

The new 2.4 kernel has someting called iptables. I've read that it supports
stateful inspection like ipf. There was a discussion on www.slashdot.org last
Monday Januari 22 about it. Many people said ipf "did all that years ago",
but i don't use Debian any more so I haven't tried it myself.

> and, what are the advantages using one or other?

ipf is likely more stable and better documented at this time.
Plus the easy syntax is hard to beat.

Danny