Date:      Sat, 9 Dec 2000 13:37:46 +1300
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: stale/corrupt vinum volumes

On 9 Dec 2000, at 11:04, Greg Lehey wrote:

> Right, it looks as if a drive has died.  The system seems to have
> handled the situation correctly, but since you only have one plex,
> you've effectively lost the volume, though you can access bits of it.

Good.  That's what my conclusion was too.  If you recall, I had trouble
with these disks a while ago.  They've finally died...  This was
cvsup.nz.freebsd.org, but it's in the process of rebuilding the cvsup tree.

> Did you have a question?  I don't see one.

No, just looking for confirmation of the worst.

About an hour ago, I removed the two old full height 1GB SCSI drives
and replaced them with a half-height 2GB SCSI drive.  Hopefully we'll
get a year or so out of that disk.  The old ones lasted more than 18
months.

thanks for the feedback Greg.

--
Dan Langille