Date:      Sat, 22 Oct 2011 22:11:58 -0700
From:      Seshan Parameswaran <seshan.parameswaran@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Your advise on debugging nfsclient code nfsvnops.c requested

Hi
       I am trying to debug the nfs client code nfsvnops.c.  I have followed
the instructions in
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug-online-gdb.html
 and
http://docs.freebsd.org/doc/3.5-RELEASE/usr/share/doc/handbook/kernelconfig-building.html
build and install a custom kernel.  After reboot the kernel is running in
the debug mode.  I am yet to copy the kernel to a new system and run with
strip -x.  I would appreciate if you could share some insights as to how to
go about testing the NFS client.  If you could kindly share some
documentation in this regard that would help as well.

Thanking you in advance for your cooperation and inputs

Seshan