Date:      Fri, 4 Nov 2005 15:18:34 +0100 (CET)
From:      Efren Bravo <efrenba@yahoo.es>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   read grey text -ipf error on load

>>Hi,
>>
>>When fbsd is booting, it shows an error in
bright
>>white inside the gray but I'm not able to read
it.

>>Where can I read this gray text or better the
>>error in bright white?

>dmesg has a copy of what was shown during boot.

>you can also hit the scroll-lock key and then
use
>page-up/page-down to scroll though the text
while >it's still on the
>screen.

I could see the error, I was trying to load
ipfilter in /rc.conf as handbook says but when
the os boots, it shows those messages:

link_elf: symbol in6_cksum undefined
kldload: can't load ipf: No such file or
directory
/etc/rc: ERROR: IP-filter module failed to load.

I've looked at internet and I found that it's a
problem of my kernel because I compiled it
without IPv6.

Is there a solution to install IPF without
compiling the kernel again?

Thanks...

Efren Bravo.

Renovamos el Correo Yahoo!