Date:      Sat, 19 Jun 1999 11:52:43 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@cc942873-a.ewndsr1.nj.home.com>
To:        andyo@prime.net.ua
Cc:        cjclark@home.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Broken FAT FS During Install

[______ _. _______] wrote,
> I dont know will it help in ur case.
> Try to use WIN95 "sys" utility to restore
> boot record for WIN partition.

Hmmm, I have been avoiding a M$ solution. It's well known that Win9x
will over-write boot blocks without asking and other Bad Things. I
assume that this 'restoration' of my Win9x OS is going to clobber
BootEasy and I'll need to be ready to reinstall it?

This is getting a little off topic, but how do I use this 'sys'
utility? Is it on a Win95 boot floppy (there are such beasts, right?)?
Because the system in question does not have a bootable CDROM, and my
first impulse to get at this 'sys' would be a Windoze95 CDROM.