Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 2002 22:01:58 -0700
From:      "Aaron Burke" <aburke@nullplusone.com>
To:        "FreeBSD-Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, "Corey Snow" <corey@snowpoint.com>
Subject:   RE: Adding second NIC to FreeBSD

<snip>

> I'm editing my kernel configuration file and want to add a second
> NIC. Both NICs are GeniusLAN NE2000 compatible 10BaseT NICs. The
> first one has worked fine with the ed driver. My question is this-
>
> In the kernel configuration file, there is a line like so:
>
> device		ed0	at isa? port 0x280 irq 5 iomem 0xd8000
>
> I assume that if I want to add a second one, I should add the
> following:
>
> device		ed1 at isa? port 0x260 irq 12 iomem 0xd8000
>
> (the IRQ and port are set on the new card.)
>
> I guess the question is, is this the right way to do it, and what
> does the "iomem" setting do? It's the only one I don't understand.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention.
I am not an expert on iomem information, but I dont think that they
can both use the same information. One of the iomem's will have to
change. They cant both use 0xd8000, the other card may decide to
use iomem 0xd0000 instead. But that has just been my experience in
the past with two ed nic drivers.