Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:18:45 +0400
From:      "Alex Markov" <redrat@crpi.ru>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Sendmail + Cyrus: please, i need your help!

Hello, FreeBSD community!

First of all: excuse my English (especially grammar)! ;-)
I havn't language practice for some years...

I have FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE as SMTP&IMAP server for our office,
with Cyrus 2.0.15 + SASL 1.5.24 on it. Although all my troubles
with SSL/TLS is gone, i still have some questions, so i need
your advice!

1. I have only one user (except root) in /etc/passwd, and i
   want to store all mail for this user in cyrus mailbox
   instead of /var/mail/username.

   I know, it's possible to assign mailer in sendmail.cf
   for whole domain. Can i set certain mailer for single
   user?

2. If i put "define(`confLOCAL_MAILER', `cyrus')" in sendmail.cf,
   then "define(`confLUSER_RELAY', `local:postmaster')" stops to
   work (i mean, that all messages with incorrect addresses going
   back to sender instead of postmaster).

   Also, sendmail starts to blame on sender addresses without domain
   (for example - in cron messages), so i was forced to add
   "FEATURE(always_add_domain)" in sendmail.cf.

3. In /usr/share/sendmail/cf/mailer/cyrus.m4 "deliver" has "-e" option,
   which dosn't defined in deliver manual. Is it 1.6.x heritage or
   something important?

4. I think, that next question asked here too often, but anyway:
   is it possible to route all mail for certain address to top-level
   cyrus mailbox? For example, i have "office" (not "user.office"!)
   mailbox (with "p" right for "anonymous") and i want all mail to
   office@domain.com go in it.

   My own maillists & Inet searches was unsuccessful. Maybe, someone
   can give me good advice or point me at suitable documentation?

Thanks in advance to all! You are my last resort...

--
Alex Markov (aka RedRat at Mail dot Ru).