Date:      Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:11:26 -0600
From:      steve d <groups@xscd.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Logitech Trackman - middle button/wheel

On Monday 12 July 2004 05:46 pm, soralx@cydem.org wrote:

> Do not specify "ZAxisMapping" in 'XF86Config', use this option
> for moused: "-z4 5". Works for me.

--- ---

...And if your mouse is a USB mouse and you use the moused, then
remove the entries for moused in /etc/rc.conf and instead put
your moused options (listed in "man moused") into /etc/usbd.conf

Here is the pertinent part of my /etc/usbd.conf file:

device "Mouse"
        devname "ums[0-9]+"
        attach "/usr/sbin/moused -p /dev/${DEVNAME}
-I /var/run/moused.${DEVNAME}.pid -3 -w4 ; /usr/sbin/vidcontrol
-m on"

I have a logitech "Marble Mouse USB," that includes four buttons
and a trackball. The "-3" option above, in /etc/usbd.conf,
causes my mouse to act as though a "middle button" (a button
number 2) is pressed whenever I press the left and right buttons
(buttons 1 and 3). The "-w4" option to moused causes the 4th
button (the third physical button, since the second button is
emulated as mentioned above with the -3 option) to act as a
"scroll lock" button, which means that when I press that small
button and move the trackball, the contents of the window in X
scrolls instead of the cursor moving. Very handy--

Steve D
NM US