Date:      Mon, 26 Feb 96 15:55:09 CST
From:      Aaron Harcrow <g506181@aurora.mar.lmco.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        swede16@netcom.com
Subject:   using bus mouse

My question refers to the FAQ regarding bus mouse and the X window system as
repeated below :

4.6. I have a Mumbleco bus mouse. Is it supported and if so, how do I set it up for XFree86?

FreeBSD supports the Logitech and ATI Inport bus mice. You need to add the following line to
the kernel config file and recompile for the Logitech and ATI mice:

            device        mse0    at isa? port 0x23c tty irq5 vector mseintr

Just what exactly is the path and name of the kernel config file?
Where can I find the explanation of the above device specification line?
Is the "?" really supposed to be in the device spec?
How exactly do I recompile the kernel?
Do I need to load additional files from the CDROM in order to complete
  this action?

And, NO, I am not stupid, merely ignorant of the finer details of unix.
Send responses to :
  swede16@netcom.com
Thanks in advance,

Aaron Harcrow