Date:      Sun, 12 Jul 1998 17:06:37 -0400 (EDT)
From:      CyberPeasant <djv@bedford.net>
To:        gbh@clark.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installation hangs

gbh@clark.net wrote:
> I'm having trouble installing FreeBSD 2.2.6.
> I'm using a CD with a boot floppy. When I
> boot the floppy, I select and save the drivers,
> the screen then blanks, it reads from the
> floppy, checks the disks and printer on the
> parallel port, then hangs with the blank screen.
> I've waited about 10 minutes before aborting
> the installation.
>
> I have an NCR53c815 PCI scsi card and an
> Intel EtherExpress Pro 10+ ISA ethernet
> card. I thought maybe the machine was
> looking for the network, but I've tried
> installing with and without the ethernet
> driver loaded, and with and without the
> machine connected to the network.
>
> Any ideas on how to get the installation
> going?

Yup.  Start over, but do not disable sc0 when config'ing the kernel.
sc0 is "S_ystem C_onsole". Don't worry about it conflicting with
the ps2 mouse -- it's not a problem.

Everybody gets bit by this one.

Dave
--
Sancho Panza: `Microsoft Windows NT Server is the most secure network
	operating system available.'