Date:      Sat, 12 Jun 1999 14:31:29 +0100 (BST)
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Matrox Millenium II 4MB - Resolution

Hi!

I've got a Matox Millenium II 4MB installed in my 3.1-RELEASE system.

Under XF86Setup, I've tried selecting different resolutions, but the X server
refuses to start if a resolution higher then 640x480 is chosen. I've definately
got the correct card selected from the list in XF86Setup, and I've told it how
much RAM is on the card, because the README says that memory probing can be a
problem.

One possible reason is the monitor which I got second-hand, and hence I don't
know much about it. I'd say it's about 14"-15" and is a Digital PCXBV-SC but
doesn't appear to be mentioned on Digital's web site. Is it possible that the
monitor is able to stop the X server from starting?

I'd be really greatful for any help or comments. 640x480 is far to painful! :-)

Many thanks.

---
Andrew Boothman <andrew@cream.org>
http://sour.cream.org