Date:      Wed, 11 Feb 1998 12:04:31 +1030
From:      "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
To:        Kris Zentner <kris@aimnet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: StarOffice port/package...??

> I've been trying for a few days to get the staroffice-3.1 port from
> freeBSD-2.2.5-release to work. No success, however I did look into it a
> bit and decided to install the package to see if I'd have any better luck.
> I get the same error when I try to run a staroffice app which follows:
>
> slacker.aimnet.com{178}: swriter3
> User Install required before swriter3 can be run, please wait...
> ELF binary type not known
> Abort trap
> Can't find initialisation script /home/delerium/.sd.sh, User Install must
> be completed before swriter3 can be run.
Ahh, you actually have to load the linux emulator..
So su to root, and type 'linux' - easy :)
If you've done this and it still doesn't work, you could try doing
'brandelf -t Linux <filename>' on the Linux executables in the StarOffice
distribution.

|Daniel O'Connor software and network engineer for Genesis Software |
|http://www.gsoft.com.au                                            |
|The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to|
|choose from. -- Andrew Tanenbaum                                   |