Date:      Tue, 4 Mar 1997 13:21:01 +0800 (WST)
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@obiwan.aceonline.com.au>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@interface-business.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re : java support under FreeBSD - test code.

> Hmm, i've been too lazy to reboot my machine just for this.  Hence i
> cloned Søren's ibcs2 coff LKM stuff, and made it an LKM wrapper for
> imgact_java.c.  What should i say?  It works.  The LKM wrapper is
> below.

Cool - that was something I wanted to do but.. :)

> Also, i needed the following diffs.  The basic problem is that
> /usr/local/jdk/bin/java itself is a shell script, and stacking image
> activators (first imgact_java, then imgact_shell, then imgact_aout) is
> not possible.  Hence one must use the path to the a.out binary itself.

Yep.
I just symlinked everything from /usr/local/java/bin/ to
/usr/local/java/bin/i386.

> Also, i believe the /usr/local/jdk directory is where the FreeBSD port
> drops it.

Ok.

> Btw., the first printf is blatant; it causes any shell script that's
> not caught by an image activator to launch a complaint on the console.

Oh?
Sorry - didn't know that.. thanks *grin*

> Apart from this: good stuff!  Now if only javac would set the x bit... :)
>
> p.s.: Please put your favorite copyright above.  We are not allowed to
> redistribute it otherwise.

Ok.

I'll clone the copyright message from the other source files and put it
there, then I'll repost the file for people to try it with again.

Cya.

Adrian Chadd
<adrian@psinet.net.au>