Date:      Mon, 14 Jun 2004 11:00:25 -0400
From:      James <haesu@towardex.com>
To:        Vlad GALU <dudu@diaspar.rdsnet.ro>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fw: Re: A quagga-related issue

can you try running 'sh ip route a.b.c.d', where a.b.c.d is the connected
route in question, to an interface that is down? Does it shown down/unavailable?
(on zebra telnet port 2601 cli or vtysh)

If it shows DOWN/not available, quagga will not redistribute.

The problem is that quagga can't know whether tunnel is down or up. if tunnel
is up, it passes packets between two endpoints. if its down, it doesn't. i think
a solution to this is to provide link detection of tunneling interfaces by
providing a heartbeat or keepalives, but thats more work heh.

-J

--
James Jun                                            TowardEX Technologies, Inc.
Technical Lead                        Network Design, Consulting, IT Outsourcing