Date:      Mon, 19 Apr 1999 13:10:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Arjan de Vet <Arjan.deVet@adv.iae.nl>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Directories not VMIO cached at all!

    Side note and warning:  Those VDIR VMIO patches will run under 3.x,
    but they will *BREAK* NFS under 3.x.  You can apply them to 4.x and
    include my NFS patches for 4.x ( http://www.backplane.com/FreeBSD4 )
    and everything will work fine.  But not on -3.x.

    I am pretty confident of my current NFS patch for 4.x.  I was able to
    successfully buildworld 30 times overnight on two SMP test boxes without
    any errors using a FFS+softupdates /usr/obj and an NFS /usr/src.  I am
    testing with an NFS /usr/obj now.

					-Matt