Date:      Wed, 31 Oct 2001 03:52:26 +0300
From:      "Andrey A. Chernov" <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
To:        Mikhail Teterin <mi@aldan.algebra.com>
Cc:        peter@wemm.org, current@freebsd.org, sos@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ouch -- the second controller on Promise-66 is not detected!

On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 19:37:27 -0500, Mikhail Teterin wrote:
> Alright, alright, what do I do now?  I did NOT wire any ata devices, and

Ask Soren to fix ATA driver in the way I describe below:

> > Giving more details:
> > ATA code must test wired slot, and,  if it is busy, increase number to
> > next free slot and give it to bus code afterwards.

  or

Try to wire device in question using your hints to proper place.

(Comment about current situation: not detected ATA device in some rare
cases is lesser evil than kernel panic, even without any device, with pure
console)

--
Andrey A. Chernov
http://ache.pp.ru/