Date:      Sun, 16 Feb 1997 11:32:45 -0800
From:      Craig Shaver <craig@ProGroup.com>
To:        "Jesse D. Troy" <jtroy@vt.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape 3.01 Java Problems

1. always cc the questions list, there are some smart people lurking
	on that list.

2. Ok, let's check the setup vs what I am using.

	a. I just dumped the XKEYSYMDB in my home directory.  I don't
		think this is a problem, I also point to it in the
		environment.

	b. I have the same thing for XNLSPATH in my environment.

	c.  Ok, I think this is wrong.  java_301 should not be part
		of the CLASSPATH, just :/usr/local/lib/netscape/ .
		I don't even use a CLASSPATH environment variable,
		netscrape just knows to look in that path.  And that
		would be where you store other classes too, at least
		for global access.

3.  Take another look at the README that came with the tar ball you
	downloaded.  Unless you got it from the port and you don't
	have the README.  Then I can email it to you.  It is short
	and to the point.

Jesse D. Troy wrote:

> Craig Shaver wrote:
> >
> > Jesse D. Troy wrote:
> > >
> > > I am running Netscape 3.01 under FreeBSD 2.1.6-Release.  I am having
> > > the following problem.  Netscape does not display Java applets.  I can
> > > see the area on the screen where the applet should be, but the applet
> > > does not appear.
del .... >

> > I have 3.01 running on 2.1.5R and it seems to work for me.  I went to
> > gamelan and played the video poker card game just now.  What exactly are
> > the pathes you are using, and what do you have in them?

del ....

--
Craig Shaver  (craig@progroup.com) (415)390-0654
Productivity Group POB 60458 Sunnyvale, CA  94088