Date:      Thu, 4 Apr 2002 12:56:49 -0500 (EST)
From:      David Rosario <david@rosariofamily.com>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 2920 doesn't appear in 'dmesg'

It's definitely a Future Domain chipset.  Here's the output you requested:

chip0@pci0:0:0: class=0x060000 card=0x00000000 chip=0x15951106 rev=0x03
hdr=0x00
fxp0@pci0:2:0:  class=0x020000 card=0x000c8086 chip=0x12298086 rev=0x08
hdr=0x00
none0@pci0:3:0: class=0x010000 card=0x00000000 chip=0x00001036 rev=0x00
hdr=0x00
none1@pci0:4:0: class=0x030000 card=0x00000000 chip=0x43541002 rev=0x09
hdr=0x00
isab0@pci0:7:0: class=0x060100 card=0x00000000 chip=0x05861106 rev=0x31
hdr=0x00
atapci0@pci0:7:1:       class=0x01018a card=0x00000000 chip=0x05711106
rev=0x06 hdr=0x00
uhci0@pci0:7:2: class=0x0c0300 card=0x12340925 chip=0x30381106 rev=0x02
hdr=0x00
chip1@pci0:7:3: class=0x000000 card=0x00000000 chip=0x30401106 rev=0x00
hdr=0x00
none2@pci0:15:0:        class=0x030000 card=0x00000000 chip=0x89015333
rev=0x14 hdr=0x00

If you can tell me which SCSI card is garuanteed to work, I'll get it.  I
have two Tekram cards with NCR chipsets that prevent a complete bootup.
After the "waiting for SCSI devices to settle" message, tons of stuff
endlessly scrolls off the screen.  Even though I see the NCR chips
supported on the hardware list, there's probably something about Tekram's
implementation that is broken (but both cards worked with RH 6.2 and 7.1).

Thanks for the quick response.