Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 19:25:38 +0300
From:      Odhiambo Washington <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        piotrk@zrit.olsztyn.tpsa.pl
Subject:   Re: installing packages

* Piotr Kryszk <piotrk@zrit.olsztyn.tpsa.pl> [20010125 19:10]: writing on the subject 'installing packages'
Piotr> Dear Sir,
Piotr> I would like to install Oracle Database in my computer. I have seen in
Piotr> handbook, how to do it. But I must install some packages e.g.
Piotr> linux_base. But in order to install it I must install the other package
Piotr> e.g. popt-1.5... but it requires m4 packages etc. I have just download
Piotr> eight packages. It spends a lot of time and I not sure that I have all
Piotr> required packages. Could You give me advice how I can install all needed
Piotr> packages quickly and at once?
Piotr> Yours sincerely
Piotr> Peter Kryszk

I did take a look at the tutorial and it was a bit self-explanatory.
If you need to install the packages and you have a surely good Internet
connection, and you have the ports tree installed, then it will be easy.
Login as root and cd to /usr/ports

Each of those packages have a directory in that tree. Just do a locate to
find them, e.g. locate m4

cd /usr/ports/devel/m4
make install clean

Also for the rest. Or use /stand sysinstall and get them installed.
I'm sure by now you know what I mean ;-)

HTH

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington  Inter-Connect Ltd.,
wash@iconnect.co.ke  5th Flr Furaha Plaza

Happiness is a choice that requires effort at times.