Date:      Sun, 2 Apr 2000 17:36:27 -0700
From:      jeff <jeff@flrtn1.occa.home.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        iratus@home.com
Subject:   PPP and NIC card

Hello-I have a NIC card setup and running for my cable modem. It is about as
trouble free as it can be. I need to access my schools data files (research
and library databases) and can only do it with a PPP link through their ISP.
I can get the PPP setup and making a valid connection, again no real
trouble. The problem is that when I access the school server (the school
only uses dynamic assignment of address) it goes through the NIC interface.
Question is how do I get my browser (or lynx) to work through PPP? It only
seems to be able to see the NIC even when I have an open and complete PPP
link. Any help or pointers to other info will be geatly appreciated. Thanks
in advance.  Jeff Phillips