Date:      Sat, 23 Mar 2002 21:42:27 +0200
From:      Alex Popa <razor-bsd-security@ldc.ro>
To:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   strange behaviour on /tmp

I have /tmp mode 1777, and mounted like this in fstab:
"/dev/something		tmp            ufs     rw,nosuid,nodev 2 2"

The thing I am noticing is that all files created under /tmp get
to be created as group wheel, no matter of the permissions of the
directory they are created in, or the user that creates them.

Is this expected behaviour?

I am running -STABLE, FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE #0: Thu Mar  7 22:11:39 EET 2002
Cvsup was done two hours before the compilation time.

Any ideas?