Date:      Thu, 28 Feb 2002 08:51:48 +0100
From:      Thomas Fiebig <tfie@lrs.e-technik.uni-erlangen.de>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Using NIS only, if on network?

Hi,

my question relates to the NIS part. I have a notebook, which is sometimes
included in my network, sometimes not (this is, why I use a thing like a
notebook). Now some problems during the booting process occur, if I have
installed the NIS things in master.passwd and groups and the notebook is not in
the network. This seams clear because it doesn't find the NIS information.

Can I do something like a depending booting? Network YES => use NIS, Network NO
=> do not use NIS

Thanks,
Thomas