Date:      Mon, 20 Sep 1999 15:56:33 -0400
From:      "Bob Boone" <bboone@whro.org>
To:        <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: PowerPak

Finally got to CompUSA, after the hurricanes, to find SEVEN copies of the
PowerPak on the shelf in Norfolk, Virginia, next to STACKS of two versions
of LINUX.  Priced @ 59.95, where the LINUX next door was in a box about the
same size, for $29.95.

Marketing-droids should note that there is no indication of the VERSION
NUMBER on the box, and no indication as to how many CDs of  "stuff" are
inside -- both pretty important to attract first-time users, when box-size
and price are the only visible factors to separate you from the nearby
competitors. . . .  I'm running on 2.2.7, so I just assumed that it would be
a later version than what I had !!  The BOOK is a great improvement over the
big 3-ring binders full of web-printed pages that I've been using !!

Anyway, there are SIX left . . . . .