Date:      Tue, 05 Jan 1999 20:16:35 +0900
From:      Hidetoshi Shimokawa <simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        Jos.Backus@nl.origin-it.com
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bin/9247: pw/pwd_mkdb deadlock on /etc/master.passwd

> >  We need to unlock(close) before calling "pwd_mkdb" or to have non-lock option
> >  in pwd_mkdb.c.
>
> Of course you're right. Here's a better patch.  I'm still not really proud of
> it because it uses a global, but it does work.

humm.. I'm not sure, but it seem enough for me to lock the file
in the beginning of fileupdate() in fileupd.c and unlock or close in
the end of the funtion because pw seems to read and write the master.passwd
only there.

/\ Hidetoshi Shimokawa
\/  simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
PGP public key: finger -l simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp