Date:      Wed, 20 Dec 2000 08:19:34 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        dmaddox@sc.rr.com
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: No cable modems??

This is offtopic! If you need to discuss it, please take it to
-chat.

<OFFTOPIC>

:

> roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
>     (reason: 550 no cable modems here)

Many ISP's consider cable modem pools and DSL pools as the same sort
of "animal" as dialup users.

Very many ISPs will refuse to receive mail from all three of those
user-classes, because of the "direct-to-MX" spam issue. The solution
is to use your ISP's SMTP "smarthost" for your mail.

See http://mail-abuse.org/dul/
</OFFTOPIC>

Mark Murray
Warning: this .sig is umop ap!sdn