Date:      Sun, 17 Sep 1995 14:59:51 +0600
From:      tyork@vt.edu (Thayer York)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Boot manager problems

Well, it's actually one problem, and pretty straightforward at that.  I'm
installing FreeBSD from a DOS medium.  I go through all the steps in the
installation (along the way selecting that the boot manager be installed).
The installation finishes, saying it was successful.  I do some post-install
configuration and then reboot.  The boot manager menu comes up with only one
choice - DOS.  I thought at this point I was supposed to be able to choose
FreeBSD as well as DOS.  Any thoughts?

BTW - my configuration is as follows:
Gateway 2000 486-33V (VLB)
16 MB memory
EIDE compatible BIOS
3-1/2" floppy
1 GB WD IDE hard drive (none of which is being used for FBSD)
340 MB WD IDE hard drive (60 MB partioned to FBSD and mounted as "/")
210 MB WD IDE hard drive (16 MB for FBSD swap partition, rest as a FBSD
partition and
                          mounted as "/usr")
Rest of 340 MB drive and Primary DOS partition of 1 GB drive mounted as
"/dosd" and
     "/dosc", respectively
IDE CD-ROM drive
ATI Graphics Ultra Pro VLB w/1MB VRAM
Gravis Ultrasound
Digicom Systems Connection Series modem on COM3, IRQ5

 -> Thayer York
    tyork@vt.edu