Date:      Sat, 17 Mar 2001 20:02:00 +0000
From:      Clem Dye <clem@bastet.com>
To:        Adam Golebiowski <adamg@cormay.pl>
Cc:        isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: avm fritz pci

Adam:

You need to get hold of the documentation and start from there. I've
just started the very same process. It's very daunting to begin with,
but you need to have a stab first. People on the list are happy to help,
but at present you're posing too many questions. Once you've tried, you
might that everything works. If not, then the list will help you get
answers.

I got caught-out on a couple of silly problems that were simple to fix.
The process is relatively straightforward. So far, I have a 64K link
working. When I get more time, I'll do the userland ppp stuff so that I
can get 128K throughput. For what it's worth, I first made sure that the
card was working properly under another operating system, in this case
Windows 2000, on a dual-boot W2K/FreeBSD system. I think that it may be
a little more difficult on a dangerously dedicated system, but certainly
not impossible.

Clem