Date:      Fri, 1 Jun 2001 00:24:14 -0700
From:      Eugene Lee <eugene@anime.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: prevent non-interactive sessions from receiving output from shell?

On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 12:15:05AM -0700, Sean Knox wrote:
:
: How do I modify my shell settings (via .bashrc) to -not- produce
: output for non-interactive sessions?

Don't use ~/.bashrc for starters, as that's what bash reads if it's an
interactive shell.  Take your goodies and put them somewhere else like
~/.bash_profile.  Look at the man pages under "INVOCATION" for details
(where you can also read how to test if a shell is interactive or not,
and then incorporate that into your ~/.bashrc instead).

--
Eugene Lee
eugene@anime.net