Date:      Wed, 02 Apr 2008 09:57:56 -0500
From:      Nathan Whitehorn <nathanw@uchicago.edu>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BMAC Ethernet Driver

I've refreshed the BMAC tarball at
http://home.physics.wisc.edu/~nwhitehorn/bm.tgz.

It supports multicast and full-duplex operation now, the code is a
little more style(9) compliant, and I don't think I have anything left
to do unless someone finds some bugs. The patch to macio is also now
included in the tarball.

To support full-duplex operation, I had to do a hack to reset
autonegotiation on the PHY (firmware puts the PHY in a weird state where
its registers claim it did autonegotiation, but it always ends up in
half-duplex mode). This is done in this way:

         sc->sc_mii = device_get_softc(sc->sc_miibus);
         LIST_FOREACH(child, &sc->sc_mii->mii_phys, mii_list) {
                 mii_phy_auto(child);
         }

Is a better course to modify lxtphy's attach routine to do this there?
Or should this stay in bm?
-Nathan