Date:      Mon, 22 Feb 2010 02:10:04 GMT
From:      Gleb Kurtsou <gleb.kurtsou@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/141439: linux_exit_group kills group leader

The following reply was made to PR kern/141439; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Gleb Kurtsou <gleb.kurtsou@gmail.com>
To: Stefan Schmidt <stefan.schmidt@stadtbuch.de>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 04:06:59 +0200

 On (13/12/2009 23:18), Stefan Schmidt wrote:
 [...]
 > Using the 32-bit Linux version of Sun's Java Development Kit 1.6
 > (Update 17) on FreeBSD 8.0 (amd64), invocations of "javac" (or "java")
 > eventually end with the output of "Killed" and exit code 137.
 >
 > This is particularly annoying when running e.g. JUnit-tests in a
 > separate process. The calling process always receives exit code 137
 > from its sub-process and assumes that tests failed.

 Hi Stefan,

 I've experienced the same problem with sun jdk. I think approach of not
 killing group leader is incorrect, it should also be killed. Your patch
 works because linux_exit_group is called for the second time when only
 group leader is available. Such behavior is not expected, control should
 not return to userspace from linux_exit_group.

 I've submitted another PR, it contains fixes for 2 linux exec bugs.
 I've followed NetBSD and patched exit1() to allow process exit status to
 be changed by event handlers.

 Would appreciate if you could test the patch:

 Thanks,
 Gleb