Date:      Thu, 04 Jan 2007 04:22:01 -0200
From:      Aline de Freitas <aline@riseup.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: win32-codecs question ...

This message is in MIME format and has been PGP signed.

--=_40670zyriuck

Citando r00t_0101 <r00t_0101@yahoo.com>:

> Folks,
>   I was wondering if the win32-codecs will be available when the  =20
> final 6.2 is released? Currently I am using the 6.1 release and  =20
> unable to use many of the multimedia packages that depend on this  =20
> specific port. Would anyone know if there's a way of manually  =20
> installing these codecs or maybe use another package that has these  =20
> binaries?
>
> Thanks
> -r00t_0101

But no one sayd that you can't use the package...

Just do this:
rm /var/db/ports/win32-codecs

and

portinstall win32-codecs
or
cd /usr/ports/multimedia/win32-codecs; make install clean

And DON'T select quicktime in the menu.

Aline