Date:      Fri, 23 Nov 2001 23:32:11 +0100
From:      Guido van Rooij <guido@gvr.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   fail to install 4.4 on omnibook 500

I got an omnibook 500 today but it completely fails to install FreeBSD.
I have it with a floppy drive. Booting from kern and mfsroot goes fine,
but just after probing ad0, the system kind of hangs.
I disabled all unnecessaryy devices and upgraded the BIOS.

With 'kind of hangs' I mean that ctrl-alt-del does not work, and
also scroll lock will not work (though the scrolllock led is turned on).
Ctrl-alt-esc gives the No debugger in kernel message and that is about it.

Does anyone recogize this? Anyone has other options?

(I do not have a cd or dvd drive with it).

-Guido