Date:      Fri, 1 Jun 2001 10:49:10 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramidi@otenet.gr>
To:        Jonathan Slivko <js43064n@stmail.pace.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What is the minimum requirements for FreeBSD?

On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 08:41:12PM -0400, Jonathan Slivko wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I just wanted to know what are the minimum requirements for
> FreeBSD to run? I have a P133 with 64MB of RAM that I would like
> to install 4.3-RELEASE on and then upgrade to -STABLE. Would
> anyone care to comment on whether I need to get better hardware or
> no? -- Jonathan M. Slivko

I've been running FreeBSD on my 486 PC since 2.2.8 and later when I upgraded
to a P133 with 32 Mb of RAM, it was running happily.  Now that same 2-3 yr
old box is running 4-STABLE and apart from adding a few Gb's of disk space it
hasn't changed much.

Yes, you can run FreeBSD on this.  Disk space and RAM are all you might feel
like adding in time.

--giorgos