Date:      Tue, 01 Jun 2004 20:01:12 +0200
From:      Pav Lucistnik <pav@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Tim Bishop <tim-lists@bishnet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Port has different versions for different architectures...

--=-0fc/RgQk04M4DYR2iMhm

V =FAt, 01. 06. 2004 v 17:09, Tim Bishop p=ED=B9e:

> Say a new version of a package has been released for one arcitecture,
> but not others, how can this be dealt with in a port?
>=20
> I'd want to do something _like_ this (but not this):
>=20
> .if ${ARCH} =3D=3D "i386"
> PORTVERSION=3D1.1
> .else
> PORTVERSION=3D1.0
> .endif
>=20
> I'm sure there are numerous bodges to doing this in the port, but I
> suspect this will break things such as the INDEX file.

No, it will not break INDEX file. It will just result in different INDEX
file for each architecture.

> A solution would be to maintain multiple versions of the same port, but
> that seems like overkill. Unless slave ports are used?

If plist don't change between versions, I don't see much problems with
your approach. Otherwise you can wait with the update until all archs
are available, or temporarily comment out laging architectures.

--=20
Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
              <pav@FreeBSD.org>

 I went grocery shopping, made a pot of chilli, played ey,
then ate some chilli

--=-0fc/RgQk04M4DYR2iMhm
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_podepsan=E1?= =?iso-8859-2?Q?_=E8=E1st?=
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_zpr=E1vy?=

--=-0fc/RgQk04M4DYR2iMhm--